1.6
Additional Fees

We had an extension on our lease. Spoke to Ally Customer service and were told we had until a certain date to turn in the car with no penalties.

We turned the car in on that date into the dealership and received paperwork the car was turned in. Three weeks later we are getting calls from Ally. "Where's the Car?" We explained what date and where the car was turned in and explained we have a receipt. Four weeks after Ally calling us where's the car later we get a bill from Ally stating we owe them $319.00 for being 23 days over due.

This 23 days happens to coincide with about the time Ally was calling us "where's the car?".

We have spent countless hours trying to resolve this issue with Ally. My wife who had high 700 credit scores now has a collection and her scores have dropped significantly. Ally has given us different explanations along the way. In fact, One explanation we decided to record the phone call because we think it's a flat out lie.

The Ally rep we recorded him saying it is Ally "company policy" to only charge a maximum of 23 days of late fees as a customer courtesy. We questioned him as to why they would have such a policy and that people would keep the car for 90 or 120 days beyond the due date if they knew they were only being charged a maximum of 23 days. They also told us it was because they never got a copy of the last signed extension back, yet they continued to cash our monthly checks we sent them. If the 23 day maximum late fee policy is true I explained to the rep doing te math I explained we would only owe $63 since they cashed our checks two consecutive months after the latest signed extension.

Catching them in their lie the rep's response was "we'll see about that".

They are a joke and I'm wondering if anyone has considered a class action lawsuit against them. I have spoken with others about Ally and this is business as usual for them.

Product or Service Mentioned: Ally Financial Auto Leasing.

Preferred solution: Price reduction.

I didn't like: Being ripped off.

Comments