Saudia K Dnb

Verified Reviewer

Horrific Customer Service! RUN DO NOT USE THEIR AUTO SERVICE!

I had an issue with my bank that I wasn't aware of until Ally notified me that my payment had not been made. Upon logging into my Ally account, I discovered that they indicated they had received two payments and reversed two payments. After reviewing my bank account, I noticed only one payment was received. To try and track what happened, I contacted Ally to get reference/transaction numbers for the reversal so that I could contact my bank. The customer service person from Alley, who identified himself as Joval at the beginning of the call, was extremely rude. He did not allow me to explain what I was seeing and ask questions based on his explanation, which was 'we sent the money back, call your bank'. I asked him if he had a transaction number for the two returned payments, he stated he did not, so I asked if he could provide a reference number for my account and this call. He then kept repeating 'we sent the money back, call your bank'. I asked to speak to a manager as I felt he was really rude. He stated there was no manager available; they were all in meetings. I asked if he could note on my account for a manager to return my call, but he repeated 'we sent the money back, call your bank'. I repeated my request for a manager with the same response, then I requested he transfer me to another agent and he stated 'just hang up and call back'.

I hung up, called back, and spoke to someone identified as Julie Carless. I requested to speak with a manager. She stated she'd put me on hold while she found out who the supervisor for the day was. While on hold, I could hear her typing, but she never officially put the call on hold. I was on the phone for 45 minutes and 32 seconds before she picked up again (mind you, I could hear her) and said that the supervisors were all in meetings today and I should call back in an hour.

Well, I waited an hour and, after getting the information I needed from my bank, I called Ally back. I cleared up the payment issue with another representative identifying herself as Maddie. At the end of clearing the payment issue, I requested that Maddie either transfer me to a supervisor or note on my account that I'd like a call back from one. Maddie began to inquire about why I wanted to speak to a manager, and I told her that it had nothing to do with her - I'd previously experienced an issue that I'd like to notify the supervisor of. She then stated that they have too many supervisors and she couldn't provide me with a name. I asked her to just note on my account that I'm requesting a call back. When I asked Maddie for a reference number for documentation of my call, she stated she couldn't give me one - they don't do that. However, I know they do as I have several from a previous call a few months back! At that point, I gave up. I figured I'd call another department, which, unfortunately, Ally Auto is a subsidiary of the bank. But, the bank employee I reached was helpful, providing me with a complaint mailing address and telling me how to address it. He attempted with me to get the supervisor on the line, but we both got hung up on!

Now, I'm four hours into just dealing with their customer service! I have always had great experiences with them, but this interaction has me looking for immediate ways to discontinue my services with them by any means! I'm ready to take a loss and end my contract with them! I don't ever want to deal with them again!

Cons:
  • Horrible customer service

Preferred solution: End of business!

Guest

In other words, it's YOUR money in YOUR account and you don't even have the common sense to keep records of the debits with a running available balance and you don't even bother to balance YOUR account when the statement comes out. If YOU would have been doing these COMMON SENSE things, then YOU would have caught the FIRST discrepancy. Incredible!!!

Resolved
Pattie O Mxu

Verified Reviewer

Resolved: Totaled car and no response from you.

Ally Financial - Totaled car and no response from you.
Updated by user Jul 08, 2024

Company fixed the issue and I have been provided with apology. They finally responded to the insurance company so they could pay off our totaled vehicle.

This company is a scam and I would NEVER use them again for anything. The insurance adjuster said “ THEY SEEM LIKE A SCAM” referring to Ally.

Original review Jun 29, 2024

Our vehicle was totaled, and the insurance company cannot get in touch with Ally Auto. The insurance company has tried to get the necessary information to pay off our vehicle.

They were told they would have information in 5 to 7 days, but they have had no luck. It has been longer than 7 days and still no response. I will be retaining legal counsel for this. This is a disgrace for a company to be run so poorly.

If you call, it goes to India every time, and they tell you yes to everything you say.

TERRIBLE COMPANY. STAY FAR AWAY.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Will not respond to any issues including insurance requests all calls made to ally goes to india and they agree with everything you say and do nothing they double charge monthly payments

Preferred solution: Give the insurance company the information because our car is totaled. They want to pay off the loan.

User's recommendation: Scam company stay away.

Duduzile S Krs

Verified Buyer

Verified Reviewer

Because there's something i need clerity on

Ally Financial - Because there's something i need clerity on
Ally Financial - Because there's something i need clerity on - Image 2
Original review May 03, 2024

I Duduzile Skhosana spoke to one of your employees yesterday applying for a loan .yes it was done in time.i was happy with the service I got but this morning speak to the manager that how long does it take for the money to appear. He said that my account it's not valid.

I went back to my Ally app to check if I did put my account number wrong but I dont see anything wrong. Now I'm getting worried if this was true

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: This thing of the code being send to someone and on the app says dont give this code to anyone

Lenis Nko

| map-marker Afton, Oklahoma

Unprofessional and untrained customer service agents

Back some time ago. I believe it in the last year beginning of this year I opened an account with Ally Bank.

It sounded like the perfect bank which has proven to be too good to be true. Immediately. We had issues with me receiving my card. I had to order a card three different times.

I was able to order this said card on a chat back in March. I have unauthorized transactions up here and of course wouldn't you know. I had no money in the account so they used the overdraft on it. I immediately got on the chat and reported this.

They did not file a dispute. I was sent a video of a dispute I was told I had to call in. I called in and I didn't call in that same day I was mad because I don't like talking on the phone. I'd rather deal with everything through email or texting simply because then I have proof of what you said and what I said and there's no in between and there's no getting it wrong.

Well a period of time me reporting this reporting this. I did end up using the overdraft on it and I owed them some money. They never once filed a dispute the whole time I complained about these charges for the last 4 months. They just didn't bother but they wanted their money.

So I tried to call and use my debit card to add money to my account. Can't do that. I said well can I go to an ATM and add money? No we don't take cash.

What bank? Don't take cash. I thought the two went together. Apparently I am wrong.

They want me to do a wire transfer that was going to cost More money than I was willing to pay out to them again so I decided to transfer it through my bank which somehow wires got crossed. I was only allowed to transfer $5. Finally we figured all this out and got it fixed. So I did a money transfer and I transferred them all the money they were owed including the fees I did not make just to clear my account thinking they would open my account back up they first yesterday I was told they did get the money and it within Network I would have to contact them again tomorrow which is today to talk to somebody in their back office.

That was annoying since I was told I had 24/7 customer support 24/7 banking and I had neither of those so far. So I contacted him again today. The lady I contacted I told her I did a bank transfer. She said how did you make your payment?

I then told her I would like to speak to someone else because I just told her I made my payment. But yes she asked me again and then she continued to ask me to send a check for the payments they were owed I had to get pretty *** to get the lady's attention to let her know that she wasn't listening again and I had already made my payment and I want to know where my money's at and I want to talk to a manager cuz I'm not going to talk to nobody else I get another probably same level agent who says she's a lead member I speak to her. I inform her of all these things she goes back and she's like oh I'm sorry I see where we did this and we did that but the whole time all they wanted was their money. And to tell me how I could refer back to page whatever in their handbook.

Which I made the mistake of not reading. Everybody should read those. Since they wanted to keep telling me what page to find what on. I asked him if they was aware that they breach contract with me when they didn't file a dispute on the purchases that were on my card that I did not approve that I did not waste no time whatsoever I notified them the same day.

Those charges were made now over 4 months and over several different employees. Nobody filed that dispute on those charges. I have since started filing with the Federal reserve to file a formal complaint against this bank. Because nothing is resolved, I'm still in the same position.

They're eventually going to reject my transfer and send my money back where then I will have to send them cashier's check which I'm going to deduct the charges I did not make from and I will not be paying them and just like I told them I do not wish to be a customer of theirs because they do not listen to me. They just take my money and run with it and don't care what I say after that.

User's recommendation: There's a problem when a bank don't accept cash and it should be a red flag.

Bruce C Lzh

Verified Reviewer

No access to acct online

Ally Financial - No access to acct online
Ally Financial - No access to acct online - Image 2

Dont have enough corporate minutia and grief in your life? Get a Ally credit card.

This corporation sucks so bad at customer care, if they sucked any more theyd create a black hole, dragging all of humanity into oblivion. In my case, I never applied for this cardAlly bought out OLLO and all of us OLLO cardholders were directed to a webpage for registration of our new Ally card with easy and comprehensive access to our account information 24/7. Month after month I (and most OLLO cardholders) attempted to do this but Ally was apparently unable to fix the glitch that prevented cardholders access and after several months I ceased trying after one of the Ally employees told me they were aware of the issue and ESCALATING my case with tech support. In an email they later advised me to call them again stating: If you are having difficulties accessing your account online or in the Ally mobile app, please call us at 1-88*-***-****.

Well be happy to assist.

When I attempt to register I am told they cannot locate me in their database using my DOB & SS# however, their automated phone service easily takes payment using this same information. Common sense is not common enough at Ally. Its zeros & oneshire a programmer! Sheesh!

Now you can call at any time on any day and not get a live person.

The patient cardholders (like me) that sit on hold (ignore) are advised they are too busy and to call back another time before being disconnected. There is literally no way for you to contact them. Every email they have sent me has the same reply email address: Ally Credit Card

OhhhhI suppose I could draft a letter and send it to them via snail mail but by now the apathy that prevails and permeates throughout this annoying financial institution has infected me as well and so, I opted to draft this enlightening (and hopefully helpful) review of them. I seriously doubt theres a living, breathing, concerned human in power at Allysomeone to read this and take appropriate corrective action.

Pretty sure the entire company is manned by dimwitted corporate droids who say the same things, provide the same corporate excuses & promiseswholly unconcerned that they spew bovine excrement to cardholders for money. Nobody at Ally cares about us. Thanks for selling us out OLLOyou losers shoved us into a portal to Hades where soul-absent creatures torment and ignore us.

Ally sets the customer care bar so low you need a shovel to see it. Hold your nose as you dig.

Preferred solution: access to my acct online

Lorraine R Rpw

Verified Reviewer

It's all good until you need help

Worst customer service from any financial institution I have worked with. While their interest rates for Money Market Fund accounts are 4.2%, which is a decent rate, getting resolution via chat is a joke.

They must be in Nigeria. They are always incorrect with chat. I called and was told there was a 24-minute wait and they would call back.

I got a call back in 30 minutes and then was put on hold for 20 minutes. They really are a terrible bank.

Pros:
  • Good interest rates
Cons:
  • Everything else they are terrible at everything else

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: DON'T BANK HERE. We are pulling our funds

Verna W Lzc

Payoff dispute

Trying to get a new car, but Ally has a policy of charging interest daily. Two months ago, I had a payoff balance of 32k, and with no missed payments, my payoff balance is now 38k! How can you pay it off if they keep adding to your loan?

$32000
Cons:
  • Language changes after you sign

Preferred solution: Price reduction

User's recommendation: Find another company. No one has an explanation.

Guest

Here's how hilariously stupid your comments are. Interest on all loans is computed on a daily basis!

When YOU make late payments, YOU generate extra interest for the lender based on how many days late you are. Thanks for the laughs!

Patrick T Gtp

Horrible customer service

I called about an error they made. I got transferred 9 times.

No exaggeration.

I was put on hold 8 times and hung up on twice. After 2 hours of talking to multiple people, to no avail, they didn't fix the problem.

Loss:
Cons:
  • Horrible customer service

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Don’t do it.

Resolved
Rito Dev

| map-marker Miami Beach, Florida

Resolved: I would like to rearrange payments

For individual of my age era we're not all good at technical input there should be a person that can handle any inquiry that a customer has as opposed to having to go into an app not interact with several companies who accommodate their customers this way I'm not understanding why you're not

Matthew W Ffp

Poor Customer Service

I called the 800 number to resolve an issue. The issue began with Ally Auto Finance.

I intended to pay off my vehicle loan and requested that the final payment not be drafted since I had mailed the check for the payoff amount. Unfortunately, they still processed the draft. To avoid waiting for reimbursement, I went to my local bank and stopped the payment. As a result, my bank blocked all Ally payments from my account.

When I later made my credit card payment (in full), it was blocked as well. Although I have since paid off my credit card again in full, Ally is holding my available credit for six days due to their policy. They have not been helpful at all. When I spoke to a supervisor about canceling my account, the call was disconnected.

This was likely not the best decision on my part but it happened before I could confirm.

As a customer, I feel the service was rude and uncooperative. The problem began with Ally not honoring their commitment.

Pros:
  • Decent app
Cons:
  • Poor customer service

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: Stay away

Guest

Ally has been great to work with, you're just a mess. You could have easily paid this off on their App without issue. You caused this issue, now wait for your refund.

Sharon D Adx

Extremely Poor Customer Service

I have called approximately 7-8 times with no resolution. Customer Service transfers me to the Lease department, then transfers me back and forth.

The worst customer service.

The reps are incompetent and don't know how to do their jobs. My rating is -0.

Preferred solution: Customer Service Resolution

Michelle O Kmy

Verified Reviewer

I WISH I COULD GIVE NO STARS!!

Horrible, horrible experience!! I do not recommend!!!

I am trying to get a payoff for my car that was stolen. Instead of just providing the payoff amount like every other loan company, they want to tie me up in red tape and make me wait 3-5 days! Why? You already know what my payoff amount is, and the insurance company is ready to pay you.

There's nothing to evaluate and you're holding off my payout, and I'm waiting to pick up a new car!! There's no one to escalate to and I was told someone would call back, but it could take a couple of days?!?!

Thanks for nothing. It is so inconvenient and unprofessional!!

Cons:
  • Horrible outsourced customer service
  • No one can fix anything

Preferred solution: I need the pay off letter or letter of guarantee sent to my insurance company. Every other lender has provided this immediately and they are saying I have to wait 5 day! They are the only thing standing in the way of getting paid out from my insurance.

User's recommendation: Run away!

Chris H Jow

Purchase of vehicle

Original review May 31, 2024

I mailed Ally bank a certified check for over 30k for the purchase of my car after the lease with Ally ended. I mailed the check return receipt on 4/8/24.

They received the check on 4/17/24. It is now 5/31/24 and I havent received the title of the car I OWN NOW. I have been on the phone with them no less than ten times since the first week of May. Ally emailed me documents to esign the beginning of May.

They sent them again on 5/27/24. They had told me the title was being expedited around 5/15/24. No one there has a clue, they all pass you on to someone else. I will NEVER do business with them again.

Today 5/31/24 I was on hold for over 30 minutes. When I called a machine picked up and told me my wait time was going to be thirty seconds and repeated that for a half hour until I finally hung up.

It was 3pm and their hours are until 6p. Their customer service is complete garbage!!

Preferred solution: The title to the car I OWN!

User's recommendation: Find someone else to do business with!!

Tammy T Igd

| map-marker Dallas, Texas

Release of Lein

My vehicle was paid off about 16 years ago. My state, Texas, has everything electronic for titles and such. I need the Lien released from this title. I should not have to wait another 10 days for something that should have been done 16 years ago. The rep I talked to said I should receive a letter in 10 business days. Ref# 7250****. This vehicle needs to be registered now, not in 10 days. I am about to make a formal complaint. I need this issue addressed.

Sincerely,

Tammy Thompson.

Kerry E Vse

Help with account

Hi i am a uk english citizen i had a loan from america on line and i was asked to open an allyswift account forcit to be deposited ,which i did i was not aware of tje 2000 dollar activation fee ,to activate mastercard to enable me to transfer fge money to my english bank ,if i had 2000 dollars i would not of needed a loan i habe gone on to the site to find i can only message on chat for help

I am being told tgere is no way of me getting my money until i activate card which i am willimg to do bit tje only way i can do it is if i use tge money from the allyswift accoumt which im being told i cant do that i realy need help as that is all tge money i habe to my name i am desperatly trying all ways please could someonexhelp me and if i have emailedxthexwrong place could you pointcme in tje right direction please i habe no ways or means of calling america

Regrds

Preferred solution: I would like to use the money in my account to activate card

Myla O Yay

My email account I forgot two the password so I cannot see the code

Kerry E Vse
reply icon Replying to comment of Myla O Yay

Is this ment for me is this someone from ally financial

View more comments (1)
Scott M Yqa

Current customer

Hands down the worst financial company/bank I have ever worked with. Never missed a payment, never late on our lease payment but are being penalized.

They do not help you, guide you, or listen.

Terrible company & customer service is junk. NEVER AGAIN!

Loss:
Cons:
  • Whole enchilada

Preferred solution: Deliver product or service ordered

User's recommendation: Don’t do it

Guest

FIRST PROBLEM: You got into a CAR FLEASE!

About